Thursday, February 21, 2008

Still Working Our Asses Off

I had hoped to tell you that Hubster had the PayPay issue fixed, that everything was hunky-dory, that I was ready to conquer the world.

Blow me.

He's almost done, but he's been almost done for three days now. Just when he thinks he's got it, another bug pops up. People who don't program must buy prepackaged deals from PayPal. I'm glad he's doing the coding, though. If something breaks on a prepackaged program, how do you fix it, especially if you're not a programmer? At least he has all the code he's written and can maintain it. There are tens of thousands of lines of code which have been written over the past three months. For the few bugs that appeared on Saturday, I think that's pretty amazing. He's upset, though - he thinks that it should have been perfect, and he's upset because he "ruined" my grand opening. Nah. I've gotten over being upset - I've come to realize that you're all just sitting there patiently waiting (thank you) - and it isn't like he's not working on it. In fact, I went to bed at 2:30 p.m. to take a nap. He said he would wake me up at 5:30 p.m. Well, here it is, 10:00 p.m., and he just woke me up. He fell asleep while he was programming. Poor thing. He was so apologetic when he woke me up. I acted angry (well, I was for a few minutes), but then I realized he's exhausted. What's the point of being angry and yelling? We move on from here and do the best we can.

I want to mention the stitch marker club again. We have three people signed up, but I'm taking sign-ups until we hit 10 people. For $7 a month, you get a package of four (4) exclusive stitch markers made by Sheryl Bailey. They will never be for sale in the shop. Oh - and that $7 includes shipping. Drop me an email if you want to sign up. There will also be contests, give-aways, and other fun things, so it's not just stitch markers.

Speaking of contests, there's one going on right now. You just need to write a short poem about the shop. You have until March 1st to submit them (just send them to me at pamtheknitter@gmail.com). The winner will get a lovely gift basket.

For those of you who have won prizes and haven't contacted me yet, you have until next Tuesday to do so. If you don't, then the prize disappears. I hate to do that, but I've got so many other things to do that I can't hold it open for any longer than that. As for the first three buyers, I'm still waiting on that. It's dependent on the new package Hubster is transferring to the website. Don't ask - I don't understand it myself. I'll get the winners to you as fast as I can. To those of you who have contacted me, I'll have your items in the mail by Tuesday. I'm giving myself extra time because I don't know what's going to happen, and I don't want to tell you something and then have to change it.

Other news - I'm working on a blog dedicated to the shop. The URL is http://yarny-goodness.blogspot.com. You'll be able to read about shop happenings there. That way, I can blab like usual on this site and put all the shop stuff on that one. It's still under construction, so there isn't anything there yet except for a few pictures, a Sitemeter, and a clock.

As I've said, the first update is next Tuesday. I've signed up two new vendors and have mailed information to two others. One of the new people is a yarn vendor; the other makes the coolest notion I've ever seen. I think you'll all go apeshit when you see it. 'Nuff said.

I'm also making some improvements to the shop site. Hubster is loading everything in one big package to make sure that everything works with everything else. There is a FAQ page, some new vendors for the update, and a couple other things

Tomorrow, I'm going to Stitches West. It's the first time I've gone, so I'm really excited. If anybody out there is going, look for me. I'll be the tattooed bald chick in a Yarny Goodness T-shirt. I'm kind of hard to miss. I know some of my vendors are going to be there, so it will be nice to actually meet them in person. I hope to find some new things for the shop, and I'm sure I'll find new things for me (my poor checkbook has checks left, so I must still have money, right?). Then it's home to work on the shop both Friday night and Saturday. Sunday is shot because it's our Folsom day. When I get home on Monday night, I'll be posting and uploading everything for Tuesday. Since I work in the middle of the night while you're all asleep, you'll wake up to new yarny goodness. :)

Anyway, that's about it. I have to go work on my ledger and do some mega-knitting tonight. I had hoped to do it earlier, but I guess I had to sleep at some point. I'm beginning to pop one of my pills a little too much, and that concerns me. It also tells me that my body is starting to give out and needs to rest. I suppose if I don't rest, then I'll be no good to anybody, least of all you ladies and the shop. I'll post about the PayPal upload as soon as it happens so those of you who are sitting on carts with merchandise can actually pay for them. Oh! I went out and bought all kinds of beautiful tissue papers and ribbons to wrap up your goodies with, so when you open your boxes, they will be full of pretty things (not just the yarn or notions you've purchased).

Hang in there. We're working hard and are almost there.

For real.

3 comments:

SwissKnits! said...

Sounds like you are both doing your best. Can't do more than that. Personally I like when my packages arrive during the week when my DH is away... Maybe that is an option you could offer. LOL eh, just a thought.

Have fun at Stitches West. I'm sure it will be better than a week at Di$ney. For us knitters at least.

Have a good time and REST! We don't want anything horrible to happen to you. Gosh, that would be terrible.
Stay well!

Have to laugh at my Verification word to post "eeerp" I'm sure there has been a lot of that lately...

OK off to get coffeeeeee

Leah said...

I can't wait to see the cool new notions. Hope you two get some real sleep this weekend!

Syd said...

Pam, good things come to those who wait....No worries...we will sit and knit until it is all up and running! (don't tell my boss)!