Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Coming Unraveled

I hate to admit it, but Ravelry is both a curse and a blessing.

It's a blessing because I'm having too much fun for it to be legal. I've organized my WIP's, started a group (Indie Dyer Lovers Unite), become a member in five other groups, started mailing people, am having my picture (shudder) being used by Yarniverse (because I used their pattern and yarn), hooked Flickr up to it, uploaded pictures, blah blah blah. Because of it, I got 106 hits on my blog yesterday. 106. I was thrilled when I got 3.

It's a curse because I'm spending so much time there that I'm not getting much of anything else done. Case in point:

Last night, we decided to have sandwiches for dinner. The last installment of Hell's Kitchen was on (I was SO disappointed that Rock won - he's such an asswipe), so we thought it would be fast and easy to munch on rather than cook or BBQ. That was all well and good - HK was on TIVO - but just as Hubster was making the sandwiches (I HATE making them), I was bouncing all over Ravelry, uploading pictures, reading, posting, etc. I just had to get something done before we could eat and watch the show, so the poor man is standing in the kitchen glaring at me (you know that feeling you get when holes are being lasered in the back of your head?) while I'm happily banging away on the keyboard. It didn't seem like I was too long (I'm sure it was only about five minutes, but who knows?), but he was good and pissed. Comments were made about my having enough yarn to open a yarn store, so why the hell did I need to type about it, too? Sigh. They never understand the concept of stash. Anyway, I finally finished up and we had our lovely ham sandwiches. Then I was immediately back on Ravelry and didn't even get to my knitting until after 1 a.m.

So what's the first thing I did this morning? You guessed it - checking that and the blog to see if I got any more hits. I'm so pathetic. I even joined Socks Anonymous and confessed to all the knitters in the world that I am an addict.

Spinnng? Forget it. I have the wheel. I have the top. I have every gadget known to man to make spinning even easier, including a WooLee Winder (and extra bobbins for it - just in case). It all sits gathering dust in my studio.

But have I stopped buying yarn? Uh... I've slowed down. A little. I'm trying. I'm a truly sad and pathetic soul.

Needless to say, I've made virtually no progress on either Poncho No. 2 or my socks. I'm going to try my damndest to do as much knitting tonight as possible. And just so you won't go pictureless today, here are a few pictures of my stash (all of it sock yarn, with one bin devoted to roving and top). This isn't all of it - there are about five more bins in the closet whose pictures came out too dark to post. Hopefully this weekend, I'll be able to get in there and start putting things away.

After I check Ravelry.



No comments: