Sunday, December 2, 2007

My Ass is Asleep

Yes, it's true. My ass is asleep. I've been sitting in this chair for over nine hours. Why, you ask? It's not a funny story.

Last night (or rather, early this morning), I piggybacked my pills too much and wound up falling asleep in front of the computer. Despite Hubster's best efforts to rouse me, I just couldn't wake up. Trying to type while I was still half-asleep was an exercise in futility. I finally woke up an hour ago and haven't gotten a damned thing done. Sigh.

I noticed that someone from San Lorenzo is reading my blog. I would love to have coffee with you and talk knitting. If you would like to get together, please e-mail me. :)

Since I bombarded you with so many pictures yesterday, I won't be posting any today (mainly because I don't have any). I hate non-mail days. It's like I don't have a single skein of yarn from which to choose. Hubster told me a long time ago that I love the hunt and acquisition, but once I have it, I move on to the next thing.

Is that true? Do I really do that? Is that why I have an enormous stash - because I had to stalk all that yarn and once I got it, put it away? I really don't believe that, but back when I was really active on eBay, I'd sit in front of the computer with two screens open, going back and forth between them with my bid ready to go on one and the auction on the other. When it had about 10 seconds left, I'd bid and hope that my bid was large enough to bury my competition. I never lost. But part of it is that I love getting things in the mail. A day without a package is like a day without sunshine. It's a good thing Hubster is so toleratnt or I'd be divorced by now.

My fourth incarnation of the fuck you socks (as they're now called) is going well. This time, I set them aside when I felt myself getting a little sleepy. I should have set myself aside, too. Oh well. Live and learn.

The shop is progressing nicely, but I need some people who make bags, counting bracelets, more stitch markers, and notions in general. Please, PLEASE, e-mail me. I'm at the point now where I'm finalizing my vendors, and I really have a need for those of you who do such things. You won't be disappointed, I promise.

I'm sorry to be such a bore today, but when you sleep all day, you don't have a lot to talk about. I'm going to go knit for a while, have dinner, and knit some more. I have so much knitting to get done very soon that I need to kick myself in my sizable ass and get moving.

I hope you all had a great weekend and will have a wonderful week to come.

Me?

I'll be getting yet more indents of keyboard keys in my forehead.

No comments: