Sunday, January 13, 2008

Where Have The Days Gone?

Holy shit. I looked at the last time I posted here, and then I looked at the last time I did a yarn review. Not good, my friends, not good. I have to learn to prioritize. Yeah, right. That's as likely to happen as my becoming a virgin again (not that I would want to - as I remember, it hurt). Here's a list of what I'm doing that's keeping me so damn busy:

1. Working on the business.
2. Working on the blogs.
3. Writing my new monthly article in the new knitting newsletter whose name I can't remember.
4. Knitting two pairs of socks for swaps which are due in mid-February.
5. Working on the business.
6. Doing my Sockamania duties.
7. Working on the business.
8. Bugging vendors to send me their yarn and/or notions.
9. Sleeping.

Did I mention that I'm working on the business? Oh... I eat once in a while, too. My ass is taking on the exact size and shape of the dining room chair I sit in when working on the computer. That's not a good thing. The chair is even wider than my ass normally is. It's also oddly shaped. I'm having to work at the dining room table because my studio is still a fucking mess, which is another thing I have to do tomorrow - try to make some sense out of all the crap that's in there. I think I'm going to be throwing away a whole lot of shit. If I find anything that someone might want, I'll let you know in my next post.

I really do have to begin posting more often. I used to post every day. That was when I actually got out of the house and did things that I could talk about. Now I'm chained to the computer, at least for the time being. When the business opens, I'll be chained to my old dining room table which now runs down the length of my studio. It's ideal for filling orders. Thank god the post office gives away the mailing boxes; otherwise, I'd be in to them for a whole lot of scratch. What I find hilarious is that the boxes are already bent up, even before they've gone through the post office's processing. That explains a lot. I shouldn't complain, though - I got every size of box they make (except for the video boxes), stickers, Click 'n Ship labels that go through the printer, and all kinds of other stuff, very little of which I actually paid for. And the Yarn Fairy delivers them right to my door. How convenient is that?

Enough ranting (for a few minutes, at least). For all of you who have been so concerned about my health, I want to thank you from the bottom of my little black heart. I'm doing much better, thank you so much - I just needed more sleep, which I've been getting. In fact, I've been getting too much sleep. My entire sleep cycle is now turned upside-down - I sleep all day and am awake all night. I just have to wait for the whole thing to cycle through again, and I'll be back on a "normal" schedule. I'll never hit the sheets at 11:00 p.m., but maybe I can go to bed by 3:00 a.m., which used to be late for me.

I started this post at 11:15 p.m. or so. It's now 4:30 a.m. Didn't know I was gone, did you? I went and ate dinner while watching a most entertaining movie called "Captive". Was this a period piece that ran four hours? Nope. Did I stop on my way back to the computer to knit? Nope. So why did it take so long, you ask? Think about it. What happens when I sit down on the couch or the Monster with a full tummy and having just taken my pills? Yep. You got it.

I fell asleep.

At least I didn't drool on my nice clean pink and white polka-dot fleece jammies.

I realize that this post is full of nothing - no pictures, no interesting anecdotes - but I'm just plum out of them tonight. Now that I've slept away all of my valuable working time, that means I'll have a cup of coffee or four and work on putting stickers on file inserts, and then sit down to knit. It's way too late to do my Yarn Review. It's too late to take pictures of the few bits of yarny goodness which came in the mail to show you. It's just plain too late.

I hate when this happens. I had my evening (well, night) pretty much laid out. I had all the things I needed to do listed in the order in which I wanted to do them. By sleeping for four hours, I pretty much dorked that up. This is exactly what I was talking about in an earlier post. I fall asleep without warning at the oddest times. Of course, it was that time of the morning when most sane(r) people are sound asleep. I just shouldn't have taken my stupid pills, is all. Or sat here working for so long. I had tried to answer all my e-mail tonight before I began writing this post. It didn't quite happen. I got two of them completely answered; the rest of them got only partial replies with promises of finishing them them tomorrow (today). I'll finish them - they're on my list of things to do tomorrow (today) - IF I don't fall asleep again.

I'll get the business opened on time without killing myself (and if the vendors cooperate - I'm at your mercy, people!). I've decided to limit the time I spend doing any particular task so a) I don't overdo by working nonstop, and b) so I get more things done by not focusing on just one single thing and doing it to the exclusion of everything else. It should work like a charm. I've got real confidence in my ability to do this.

If I don't fall asleep on the Butt Chair while I'm working on the computer.


Anni said...

Your days sound very much like mine has been lately. I don't know where th last week has gone. Well Ido, it's been spent elbow deep in dye stock .Got stacks of gorgeous yarn, nearly dry. Reskeining and labelling tomorrow. then packed up and shipped to sunny California. Wish I could pack myself up in the parcel too. Might get a bit too expensive to ship though. LOL. I'm so excited for you about the shop. Can't wait till you open. Yeah!!

SwissKnits! said...

A good friend, when I would get my panties in a wad from being overwhelmed would always say to me "All in good time"

So I will say the same to you. Pam, it will all get done in good time. The same way we knitters make an FO, in good time, one stitch at a time. Your dream will all fall into place.