1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Fingering weight (indie yarn) in merino, cashmere, or blends; I don't like mohair or silk (my hands are too rough). I'm not a huge fan of alpaca, either. No cotton, please.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have cases for my hooks; my knitting needles are in the packages they came in (I have far too many to put in a case).
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
48 years... I learned from my grandmother, mother, and aunt; advanced.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
5. What's your favorite scent?
Lavender, sage, or patchouli.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
No... I don't eat candy or other sweets.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I've started spinning again on a limited basis after a 12-year hiatus. I do pretty much everything, but I only do one or two crafts at a time. I'm knitting right now and haven't really done much spinning - I don't have time.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Yes; classic rock.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love all colors with an affinity for orange and green; there are no colors which I hate.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Just me and my husband; we have a macaw.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
No to all of those; it's not cold enough for any of them.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Socks and lace, preferably a lace sock.
13. What are you knitting right now?
A fairly complicated sock pattern.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
YES! They're my favorites!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Right now, DPN's from Golding Fiber Tools (http://www.goldingfibertools.com/) in sizes 1 and 2. I could use sizes 0 and 3.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes; two yarn winders and one floor swift.
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
I don't have any.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Bags (knitting); indie teddy bears or ones from England (such as Merrythought).
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I have all the books I need and subscribe to Interweave Knits, Vogue Knitting, Exotic Fibers, and Spin-Off. I don't know of any patterns I would want, I've already talked about the DPN's I like (I have all the circulars I'll ever use), and I use only indie yarns (usually off Etsy). The only thing I really want is something made just for me, whether it's a teddy bear, socks, or a bag.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
No; I'm doing the Master's Program for TKGA, so I've learned a lot from that (mainly new cast-ons and cast-offs).
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
That's all I've been knitting for quite a while, and I LOVE it! I wear a size 10; my foot is 10-1/2" long, ball of foot is 9", length from longest toe to back of ankle is 9", instep circumference is 10-3/4", and ankle circumference is 10-1/2".
23. When is your birthday?
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
Yes; my name on Ravelry is pjyarngoddess.